



Our tiny lady bug isn't so tiny anymore. She is growing and changing so quickly, it's hard to keep up. Her vocabulary, pronunciation, and sentence structure have doubled in quality just over the last month. She went from saying, "uh, uh uh, Joe-Joe!" to "Mom, Joe-Joe hit me!", over night.
Alexandra is a sweet, feminine, independent, strong-willed young lady
...yet, she considers herself "one of the boys."
She likes to be coddled, babied, and fussed over
...yet she's proud to convey how far more mature and sophisticated she is than her infant sister.
I guess at the ripe age of two, she has figured out how to be a middle child. She reaps the benefits of being both younger and older. Her little sister thinks she walks on water. No one can make Christina laugh like Allie. And Allie is glad to live up to her image. The girl is a proud "little Mama."
And an imaginative Mama, she is. She is quick to transform the Lego table into a changing table, as she clears everything off it, and makes room for changing her "baby's" pants. Fine with me, as long as I don't have to do it. A red Lego usually suffices for a "baby wipe". Every time I go to use the baby equipment I find it occupied. I've found Raggedy Ann in the stroller, Care Bear in the swing, Piggie in the car seat, and Pooh Bear in the Exersaucer. She now possesses her own baby stroller, her true pride and joy. The other day when I put Christina in the front carrier, I found her trying to strap on the back-pack, with her baby on board, of course.
I am always amazed at what a smart, witty little cookie she is. The kid is actually helpful! She helps me put dishes away, puts dirty clothes where they belong, picks up toys, even wipes up baby spit-up! You know, this daughter thing is a pretty good deal! Should I start teaching her how to clean the bathroom?
Yet she's still 2. And once in awhile, as she has every right to do, she acts 2. Like the time we were walking up the driveway and she stopped and began to scream like she was being tortured. I turned in circles about 4 times, trying to figure out what was wrong, before I found the horrendous threat: a fuzzy caterpillar who dared to cross her path. A perfectly normal reaction to such a foul, hissing, fang-baring animal, that's about to charge. It rather reminded me of another two-year-old-fear-related meltdown from my past.
The foundation behind her fear though, I do not know. I can only envision that perhaps one of her brothers chased her around and terrorized her with a caterpillar one day, when I wasn't looking. Nonetheless, I know now, that Allie does NOT like bugs. We've even seen her get upset over a dead moth on the kitchen floor. (Worms, as you can see in the picture below, apparently are not a problem). Perhaps she would be offended by our "Lady bug" term of endearment. Guess I wasn't really thinking ahead when I decorated her room with yellow and purple bugs before we brought her home from China!
No comments:
Post a Comment