This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.
Monday, August 22, 2005
The Lion's Roar
This week Aaron and Joe gave me quite a scare. While I was cooking dinner the kids were enjoying one of their favorite Baby Einstein videos. Out of the blue came this blood curdling scream. I looked over in horror to see Aaron lying on his stomach face down and not moving. Joe was screaming like he had been torchured. I ignored the screamer and ran over to Aaron with tragic scenarios running through my head (he's been electrocuted...he's having heart failure...he stopped breathing). Upon closer inspection I noticed Aaron's little hands covering his eyes. I picked him up and he hugged me (he's ok, thank God). I turned to Joe-Joe who was now wailing at the top of his lungs "THAT LION SCARED ME!" I then realized that this video they seemed to be enjoying contained a cute looking lion puppet. When the puppet let out a not-so-cute roar, he scared the daylights out of my sons. (I should sue Disney- such violence in a kids show)! With relief that they were ok, I was able to calm them down and I turned off the video. That night after putting them to bed Joe announced "I'm scared of lion". John went in to reassure him that there were no lions and that his brother was there to keep him company. We have since moved past the lion incident and my heart rate has returned to normal. I guess they are officially at the age of imagination!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a MESS!!!
Post a Comment