This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Thursday, December 27, 2012

A December birthday

When Christina was born, I was leaving the hospital with my new baby and a nurse stopped to congratulate me.  With me were my not-yet-four-year-old twins and I had another one-year-old to still go home to.  The nurse told me at the time that the years when they are little would seem like awhile, but once they got into school, it would be like "warp speed".  Exhausted, all I could muster was an, "Oh, really?"

Now that that same baby is six years old, I think back on that nurse's comment and oh, how right she was.  The baby years were long, but now I can't seem to slow them down enough. Time is flying- just flying by.  Having kids at grade-school age is ever so busy, and ever so much fun!  They still need us a lot.  A whole lot.  But now we can do more with them and they are better able to understand the voice of reason (something I swore one day some years ago, that would never ever happen).


So here's to our newly six-year-old baby as the years continue. Happy birthday to our sweet Christina Clare!

No comments: