This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Crazy December

I suppose December is crazy for everyone.  Every year I say I'm gonna "take it easy this year", but inevitably I end up "doing it all", and as a consequence, leave myself exhausted come Christmas day.  I suppose it's just what we mothers do.  We do it for our kids because our parents did it for us.  It's not a bad thing per se, however, I resent that often our "secular" Christmas obligations end up taking priority over the true, religious meaning of Christmas.  Again, probably a struggle for many Christians.  One thing I love about the Catholic Christmas celebration though, is that come Dec. 26th, "secular Christmas" ends, but religious Christmas has just begun.  We finally have a chance to focus only on the Peace of the precious newborn Savior, until the Epiphany.  With the exception of Christmas day with my family, and attending the beautiful Mass, this is the time of Christmas I enjoy the most.  Finally, it's time to relax and enjoy Christmas, without the work.

No comments: