Today Allie had a friend come over to play while the boys were in school. Having another girl in the house for awhile created quite a different scene than when the boys are around. For one, there was a tremendous amount of giggling. I'm sure I did a fair amount of giggling when I was a girl, but I'm afraid the memories are a bit rusty. I mean, man, why do girls think everything is funny? No, really, EVERYTHING to them is funny and requires constant giggling. Were things really that funny when I was five? I suppose they were, but I, like them, was completely oblivious to the effect it had on adults. I'm still recovering from all the giggling with a nice cold glass of pinot grigio.
The other thing that amazed me about having a set of girls in the house was how they were able to play things that I didn't know existed. Allie's friend (who had never visited here before) had the idea of playing "tooth fairy". What amazed me though, was the fact that Allie and Christina instantly knew what she meant and how the game should be played. Each girl took turns being the "tooth fairy" and delivered toys to "sleeping" girls, in exchange for a fake "tooth". Each girl took turns being the tooth fairy and the game went on for an hour. How do they know how to do that?
Finally, I can't leave out the girls' desire for sweet treats. Every 30 minutes or so, they asked me for a goody. OK, now we're speaking the same language.
No comments:
Post a Comment