This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Saturday, January 02, 2010

This week's challenge: Skiing with little boys

We took the boys skiing the other day. This is their third time going and they are really getting the hang of it. Here are some highlights:

- Pulling Aaron out of the woods- about 148 times.

- Chasing Joe, who figured out how to ski fast, and then digging him out of the snow and putting his skis back on- about 273 times.

- Skiing while blinded by the falling snow, because I didn't have my goggles.

- Chasing Joe who was also blinded by the snow, to which he replied "I like skiing with snow in my eyes. It's more fun when you can't see where you're going."

- Freezing my fanny off all morning because I stupidly wasn't wearing enough layers.

- Enjoying my afternoon ski because I was much warmer after stealing my husband's sweatshirt.

- Taking a face plant off the chair lift, after Joe crossed his skis over mine.

- Dragging them up the hill with our poles, because they didn't have any.

- Finishing the day with a bottle of ibuprofen- so that our backs could recover.

By next year they'll have it down. Really, they will. And then we can start this process all over again with the girls!

2 comments:

Vent said...

I remember all of this!!

Stephie said...

hahaha I thought you were gonna say you enjoyed the afternoon skiing while sitting in the lodge with some hot cocoa haha