This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Friday, May 22, 2009

Just can't cut those locks

At 2.5 years old, Christina's hair has never been cut (with the exception of her bangs). Her hair is long and stringy. The ends are broken and her hair easily tangles, which often results in crying and agitation on her part, as I try to comb it out. Bath time hair washing is cumbersome and time consuming. It should be a no brainer: the girl needs a hair cut. So why can't I bring myself to just do it?

Perhaps it's because as soon as I do cut her hair those soft blond baby curls will be gone forever. Perhaps it's because I know she'll look less like a baby and more like a little girl. Or perhaps with my youngest child, I'm just not ready for my "baby" to change too fast.

I know, I know, I need to get over it already. Fine. I'll cut it tomorrow. Or maybe next week...or maybe in another month...or so.

No comments: