This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Christina- the bat (we recycle costumes around here)
Alexandra- the princess (of course)
Joe- Star Wars clone trooper (or something like that)
Aaron- scary skeleton man

Gone are the days when I can dress up my boys in cute coordinating Halloween costumes. I can only dress them up as something dripping with cuteness, such as a scarecrow and an ear of corn, in my dreams. They each want to be his own thing now and they want it to be scary...sigh.

Here are the days when, with 4 trick-or-treaters living here, we end up with more candy than we started out with, despite the fact that I bought 4 bags to give out at our front door. (Okay, so I ate almost one of the bags myself, but lets not dwell on that).

No comments: