This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Thursday, July 31, 2008

Look What I Caught!


Today was another fun field trip day with the Tabor kids. We went fishing in the harbor for scup and were surprised to pull in these little dogfish sharks! The kids were bringing them in so fast I didn't have time to drop in my own line. I was too busy taking their pictures and rebaiting hooks. Finally, just before we left I pulled this little guy in. Isn't he cute? It's my first shark and I'm proud of him. He's now on display at our laboratory. Now that my kids have dissected a dead dogfish I'm glad they were able to see some live ones in action!

1 comment:

Stephie said...

Jaws...der der der der!

AND I am glad to see you exhibiting safe boating practices with the life vest there lady :) Or is it shark resistant?