This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Interesting Situation
Yesterday I found out I was going to be evaluated while teaching one of my classes. (You know, the new one that I didn't find out I was teaching until 4:00 p.m. the day before the class started)! I had planned on doing a squid dissection with the kids and so I invited my evaluator to come along. Typically, it wouldn't have been a big deal, except for one tiny detail that I purposely refrained from telling him... Not only were the students dissecting a squid for the first time, but so was Yours Truly! After cutting open the squid and looking at the pile of guts on the table I rambled on about squid anatomy like an expert. Granted, I had studied up the day before, but it wasn't quite the same when all the kids were sitting around the table saying, "Oooh, Ms. H, what's that?" Anyway, I think I managed to fool them all. And as long as my evaluator doesn't do an Internet search on tiny lady bugs, I think I'll be OK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He he he...we all do that! I bet the kids LOVED doing the activity.
Post a Comment