Girls having fun!
Dani and Allie in The Backyard
I'm not the only sap- way to go Ma!
Cute Cousins!Here are some trip highlights:
Plane trip- Not bad considering I had to keep a 3 year old still for a total of 16 hours. After the first six hours of flying we sat on the ground and stayed on the airplane before we took off for another two. Poor Allie didn't understand why everyone else got to deplane after gruelling hours of boredom, while we had to keep flying. But considering the tantrums she could have thrown, I am grateful for the simple face of disappointment she displayed. I think the novelty of the trip kept her going. I was even beginning to fidget from boredom until I heard the flight attendant say, "Is anyone on board a math tutor? We have a request from a new college student who is getting ready to take her entrance exams." To my aid (and to Allie's chagrin), I entertained myself with algebra for a couple more hours.
Wedding- Beautiful. Extravagant. Bawled my eyes out (I'm such a sap).
Reunion with family and friends- Wonderful, of course. Allie hit it off with her new friend Karley. They spent hours immersing themselves in the princess garb. My old roommie Brenna and I enjoyed a long overdue visit. Allie and I also made it to Danielle and Brad's place and their back yard view almost had me convinced to move back to CA (of course it was deceivingly cool there- 85 degrees and beautiful). The couple are also proud owners of a newly built-in backyard swimming pool, complete with remote control waterfall and I have now appropriately categorized them as DINK (double income, no kids) yuppies. (I rather enjoyed teasing my cousin about this). And finally, the trip wouldn't be complete without a visit with Xander! He did an excellent job keeping us entertained at the wedding by running in endless circles around his father on the dance floor. Funny, it was such a familiar scenario, only one generation down!
The food- Sadly, the closest I got to Mexican food was a trip to Taco Bell, but you just can't do it all in one trip. I did manage to squeeze in some Round Table pizza, and thanks to my dear friend Brenna, I came home with a box of See's under my arm. Currently the box of candy is half gone and hidden in an inconspicuous corner of my closet where small hands cannot reach.
No comments:
Post a Comment