This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Friday, June 13, 2008

If only they resolved all their problems this way...

I enjoyed eavesdropping on the following conversation the other day when the boys were playing downstairs in the basement.

Aaron: "I'm gonna tell Mom!"

Joe: "No! I didn't mean to hit you. Don't tell Mom!"

Aaron: "Mom! Joe hit me with the basketball!"

silent pause

Aaron: "MOM! JOE HIT ME WITH THE BASKETBAAAAALLL!"

another silent pause as I waited to see how it would play out.

Joe: "Aaron, I'm sorry."

Aaron: "That's OK. She's not coming anyway."

No comments: