This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Check on Reality Check

Just a foot note on the Realty Check thread posted below. It wasn't my intention to come off sounding lofty. Although raising our kids to become well adjusted, good citizens as adults is certainly our goal, it doesn't mean we haven't faultered along the way. (What parent doesn't)? Certainly there are times when our children have asked more of me than I have been willing to give! And there are times when I've failed them, but really, do you think I'm going to give details about all that stuff here?

I suppose what I'm saying is, let's wait to see the finished product with these guys before John and I start patting each other on the back.

Boy do we have a long way to go!

No comments: