This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Sunday, June 01, 2008

Aaron Shares Too

It's hard to believe that our boys have graduated from pre-school! On Friday each boy came home with a huge portfolio of materials they had created throughout the school year. There were numerous drawings, paintings, crafts, and "books". A letter that Aaron had written as a pen-pal assignment to an elementary student at another school particularly caught my attention.

With his teacher as his scribe, Aaron wrote the following:

Dear Luke,

I have six people in my family. I have one brother and two sisters. My youngest sister is a baby. I like playing with my brother. Yesterday my brother hit my sister with a stick. He got a big time out. My favorite thing to do at school is playing with the toys and the kitchen. What are you going to do this summer? I play baseball and go bike riding.

Your friend,
Aaron

No comments: