This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Party Pictures






Darth Peepa




I finally got around to posting the kids' birthday party pictures. This year we had a small family party for all three kids, since Allie's birthday is only a couple weeks away. (I figured this is the last year I can get away with doing that). The kids' party theme was...yep, you guessed it- Star Wars. The boys' new light sabers were a big hit and much more effective than sparing with their stuffed animals, as they had been doing previously. Even Allie was into the Star Wars theme. "Allie, do you like you're party?", we'd ask her. "I'm not Allie, I'm Princess Lea," she'd reply. Go figure.

Allie relinquished her Princess Lea title when she unwrapped her new Cinderella dress-up gown. She's been wearing it for about 4 days now. I have to beg her to take it off for bed and bath time. Now she clops around in her new dress-up heals (I don't know why she wants to torture herself) and new princess gown, complete with tiara and magic wand. She looks like an over-frosted birthday cake. John and I are learning to adjust to having a very girly daughter. Meanwhile, Christina is taking notes and the boys are getting in plenty of practice at teasing their little princess sister. Never a dull moment in this house!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

Wow! Christina looks just like you!!!

Stephie said...

So have the boys busted out the slip and slide yet :)