This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rhyming Slip

Last week, when I went to pick up the boys at school, I found Aaron sitting with his class in a circle, listening attentively to his teacher. They were playing a rhyming game.

"Who can give me a word that rhymes with 'bell'," says Teacher A with animated enthusiasm.

"Hell!", says some kid in Aaron's class. (Mind you, this is a Christian pre-school).
I couldn't help but burst out laughing, drawing unwanted attention to myself.

"Well, uh, that's not exactly what I had in mind...", says Teacher A with a look of embarrassment.

Meanwhile, Teacher B, who is observing the scene with me off to the side says:

"That's nothing. Last week she asked them 'What rhymes with heart?'"

No comments: