This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, July 03, 2007

What A Week

Day 2 of teaching summer school and I'm still alive! Last week was pretty brutal. Remind me to never attempt working full time while raising 4 little kids. We made it, but it wasn't pretty, even with grand-parental help! Thank God for Grandma and Peepa H. who took the 3 older kids mid-week! Things are much more under control now that I'm into a regular part-time routine. My classes aren't quite what I thought they'd be. My advanced class has all middle-school aged students, when I was expecting high schoolers; this class might not end up being quite so advanced, after all. My intermediate level Oceans class also has mostly middle schoolers (and a couple of high schoolers!), but what I love about it is more than half of them are international! They come from Brazil, Mexico, Hong Kong, Korea, Turkey, and Puerto Rico. The best part is all of the kids are motivated, cheerful, and interested in participating. I suppose no tests or homework is a good reason to be motivated! Plus who doesn't love learning at the ocean?

So for this week: tides; next week: salt marsh. No, Stephanie, I have not seen any turtles. So far, just a gigantic horseshoe crab.

Happy Independence Day everyone! Believe it or not, I have to teach tomorrow. But with all these international kids... they probably don't care about the 4th anyway!

2 comments:

Stephie said...

turtles live in the ocean!!! I saw Nemo!!!

JASON said...

Yeah, Surfs up duuuude! Roll me a stogie and blow on this righteous turtle-weed with me man!