This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Monday, June 25, 2007

Back to Work

I started my first day at the Tabor Academy today. Nothing too exciting... just orientation. I don't begin teaching students until next week. The kids are registering for camp this weekend (during which I will be participating), and they range in age from 8-15. Supposedly, I will have mostly high school kids in my Oceans classes. But after inspecting today's roster, I have a feeling that next week will be complete pandemonium. High schoolers were placed in classes with eight-year-olds. My advanced class had no students. Then the schedule was rearranged from afternoons to mornings. You know, just a few minor glitches that the administrative staff haven't quite ironed out yet. This morning I was also informed that some of the kids are on the "four week" academic plan and some are on the "six week" plan. Okay, that's news. Guess I'll need to work in that adjustment as well. I suppose I'm learning what it's like to be a real teacher (stop laughing Danielle).

In the mean time, the baby starts her first day at day care tomorrow. The other 3 are happily spending time with their grandparents for a couple days. And, my head, my poor head, continues to spin and probably won't stop for at least 7 more weeks.

I like my little blog- it's a comic relief outlet for me when life gets insane. But with these new tasks before me, I might be a wee bit less active here over the next few weeks. But I promise to try to at least post some pictures of my new daily adventures (like trying to teach kids the proper way to hold a crab).

1 comment:

Stephie said...

I still wanna be the guest lecturer on turtle day!