Danielle and Brad
Brian and Betsy

Baby Lori with big brother Trent
- Our family is growing! Lately, it seems to be growing exponentially faster than usual. (Ok, so maybe John and I have contributed significantly to that fact). But anyway, I thought it an appropriate time to introduce a few new family faces and to provide some words of welcome (or encouragement...or warning, or however you might interpret it). Comments are welcome from fellow family e-bloggers who might also have words of wisdom to offer! Because I try to avoid revealing last names on this site, I will refer to each family by its initial.
- To Brad: Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the L family! I have not met you, but I know that you are a great person for this reason: My cousin Danielle chose you (and she does not make such decisions lightly). And I have seen that you make her very happy. Which makes all of us Ls happy. Now about us Ls. We are close. Sometimes too close. So what that means is, if there is something that you don't want to become public knowledge, you are advised to keep it to yourself. Otherwise, be prepared for this information to be revealed to all members of the L family within approximately 2.5 nanoseconds.
To Betsy: I have been privileged to meet you, and I can say that I can think of no one better for my brother-in-law. As I was so warmly welcomed to the H family 7 years ago, so we welcome you! You are entering a wonderful family! A couple of things to bear in mind (most of which you've probably already figured out for yourself): The Hs like to party. A lot. So be prepared to be invited to a party, not only on every holiday, but also each time a kid has a birthday, is baptized, graduates, or loses a tooth. Because the Hs like to get together so much, they also have a hard time saying goodbye. Plan on at least 45 minutes for hugs, kisses and extended goodbyes. Oh, and our father-in-law likes sugar pie. This is comprised of only pie crust and white sugar sprinkled on the top. Don't question it. Just accept it. - To Baby Lori: Welcome to the family precious little one! My cousin Lyndsey has two beautiful children now, and the M family couldn't be happier to receive you. Please prepare yourself to eat a significant amount of pasta for the rest of your life. Also, when you bring home a serious boyfriend to meet everyone for the first time, don't introduce him to the whole family at once. Otherwise, your great uncles will embarrass the hell out of you.
2 comments:
Danielle and even LOOK perfect for eachother! I think Brian might need to do a few situps though....
....Just kidding buddy.
Post a Comment