This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Monday, February 13, 2012

Swamped

Just started teaching a biology class this semester.  (I seem to be the go-to girl for last minute jobs).  Though I knew it would be crazy to do so, I accepted the challenge and now, not surprisingly, life is chaotic once more.  The children are still being fed though, and for the most part, they still seem to like me (when they're not grounded).  I shall make a mental note to appreciate this, given the foreboding teenage years await us still.

The best part is that this winter has been incredible- less than half a foot of snow TOTAL with many mixed-in half decent, balmyish days!  As I result (or so I think), no one has been sick yet, with the exception of a few colds.  Praise God and knock on wood!  It's been 9 years since winter health has happened!

No comments: