This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Monday, October 24, 2011

A message to her parents

I love first grade.  It's the year they learn to read and write.  The best part is watching your child begin to feel empowered.  I was especially proud when I read one of Allie's first notes to her Mom and Dad.

It simply read:  "Do not look in my room."

I'm not sure whether to be frightened or weep with joy at my daughter's newly found skill.  I think perhaps a little of both.

No comments: