After the long summer break I debated about coming back to the blog for a very overdue update. I'm sure people have given up reading it, but I suppose it's worth continuing for my own future enjoyment. Other than spoiling grandchildren, what else would I be doing in my senior years besides reviewing old blog posts? (Yes, I do save and print them). I figure my collection of memories from when my kids were little will be like sitting down with a good glass of aged wine. It will matter to few but me, but I will nonetheless enjoy sharing with my grandkids all the crazy things their parents did as children.
Today is as good a day as any to get started. Not much else to do doing a hurricane (Irene is paying us a visit today). The kids are piled on the couch watching Phineas and Ferb. The summer flew past and dragged on at the same time. I spent another summer working at Tabor and the kids enjoyed time at the camp. It was a strange, interesting, and at times, extremely difficult experience. This year I had the additional duty of heading the marine science program and the hardest part was, as always, trying to find balance between an overload of work and properly taking care of the kids. Not something I feel able to do on an ongoing basis just yet.
The best part of working again this summer was the students- I had a great batch. No problems or issues with the students and it was a 'God send'. Problems occurred pretty much everywhere else fathomable, but we got through the tough stuff. By the last two weeks or so, things there became easy and enjoyable.
After the camp ended we piled in a new mini van and head south for vacation. Enjoyed a nice visit with the family as we made the rounds and then headed home via the Blue Ridge Parkway. A nice trip, but glad to be home. Next on the agenda- Back to School! Guess I better start posting some pictures, quotes, all that stuff...
2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that I stop by every month or so to check for new posts so it isn't just for you that you're writing it all down. ;)
Me too! I totally read your blog and love hearing what's going on your lives!!
Post a Comment