This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter





I love Easter. It’s such a joyful and peaceful season. I love how the Easter season continues past Easter Sunday, with each day bringing an opportunity for new hope. This year we were blessed with a beautiful day after weeks and weeks of cold rain.

I don’t think I’m the only one happy about the beautiful warm spring days that come with Easter. The streets are lined with gorgeous flowering trees and shrubs, and the birds seem to love singing about them all day. This time of year I’m happy to clean away winter’s dust from the patio and replace it with fresh spring blooms.

The best part of Easter, of course, is going to Mass and spending the day with family. I love dressing the kids up for Easter Sunday (especially the girls). There are bows and curls and nice dresses and freshly pressed shirts. And then there are the goodies… (Peeps and jelly beans and Cadbury mini eggs, to name a few).

Easter Mass was beautiful and the kids were well behaved, considering it was lengthy and crowded. Poor Aaron spent most of the Mass hiding behind a pillar because he recognized the lunch lady from his school cafeteria. He was terrified that she would recognize him, and God forbid, smile at him. The day ended with a an Easter egg hunt, a delicious meal, and a quiet walk with the dogs.

No comments: