This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Sunday, March 06, 2011

Seriously?




A little over five years ago I met my new daughter in China for the first time. As precious of a moment as it was, we sadly lost ALL of our pictures from our camera. Thanks to other couples traveling with us who were also meeting their girls, we managed to scrape up a few pictures of our first moments with Allie. We are grateful they took pictures of all the couples that day for their own keeping, and were willing to share their photos with us.

For some reason I seem to have a tough time hanging on to trip pictures. We just returned from Florida and a first trip to Disney World with the kids. Now granted, the trip was not nearly as meaningful as meeting our new daughter, but I'm still bummed to be photoless. The good news is my mother-in-law has the pictures on her computer and I'm hoping to receive some soon so I can post them.

For now, I am posting the few pictures I had left on my faulty camera. Overall, we had a great time and LOVED the week of warm sunshine. I will continue to post pictures with matching captions as they come in.

No comments: