This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Memorable Disney Moments








Our children's first experience with the magic of Disney
Our first experience with seeing Disney magic through our children's eyes.

A few unique moments to remember:

The girls wore their princess dresses at the Magic Kingdom and they were bowed to and called "Princess" and "Majesty" all day long by staff members.

Aaron dancing with Goofy during the street parade. What a great moment! The kid really got into the spirit, an employee noticed, and handed him a free pass to the front of the line for all of us for any ride in the park!

The warm SUN! Oh how perfect is was. How heartbroken I feel now that I look out the window at cloudy skies and 30 degree wind. It's like a friend has hopelessly left me...(sorry about the melodrama- I'm digressing a bit here).

Standing in line to see the princesses at 10:00 at night. It was a "must do" for the girls. Let's just say when first standing in line, I thought it would be a cute, special moment that the girls would love and always remember. After all, we came back to the line after realizing the hour long wait earlier in the day. Even though the line wait had said '30 minutes', we ended up waiting for 50 minutes. I had my own sleeping beauty, resting in my arms (and let me just say, she's not so light weight anymore). The back stage princesses for some reason found it necessary to take multiple breaks. Maybe they had to dust their spinning wheels or shine their glass slippers. All I know is by the time we got to the front, I felt more like Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts and was ready to cut off their heads! To add to the pain, after all that waiting, I realized I had forgotten my camera! Ah, what we mothers go through for our daughters!

Riding on Space Mountain, my favorite ride, with Allie and the boys first thing in the morning before my coffee! (After the ride, I really didn't need the coffee).

Standing in line FOREVER for the Dumbo ride. I pleaded and I begged, but there was no way out of this one. My four-year-old would not let us leave until we had flown with Dumbo.

Eating lots of mouse-eared ice cream sandwiches (instead of lunch).

Watching the light parade with three of the four kids. (There was a little mix up- Joe and his dad missed it). Can't win 'em all I guess.

Allie falling asleep on us at the bus stop on the way back to the hotel. Poor kid ran out of gas completely. We had to stick her in the stroller. She looked ridiculous, but there was NO waking her. We pushed the kids pretty hard and Disneyed ourselves silly from park opening til close!

No comments: