This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, December 07, 2010

How can I keep up?

We've had such a busy few weeks, it's been impossible to keep up. The boys and I are in a Christmas show at a local community theater, and lately, it has eaten every ounce of spare time we have. Originally, just the boys were in the performance, until it was announced that people who could waltz for the opening number were needed. I volunteered, and the next thing I know, I'm not just in the waltz, I'm in the entire show. It wasn't my original intention, but I figured, 'hey, what the hell'? My role is very small (which I prefer) and my hope is that the boys will look back on their young years and remember getting to do a stage performance with their Mom. The boys are in several (adorable) numbers and even have a few brief lines and singing solos. Both are good singers.

Aaron loves every second of theater and complains after a seven hour rehearsal because he doesn't want to go home. He is on the ball with every cue, knows how to get himself on and off stage, and in and out of his costumes.

Joe enjoys doing theater for about two hours and then he wants to do something else. He takes his stage responsibilities seriously- that is, when he remembers them. There's been a time or two when he is supposed to be on stage and is no where to be found. The backstage of a theater is way too enticing for a curious boy like Joe. Occasionally, I've had to pull him off of old sets from previous shows, out of the costume rack, and even out from behind the black curtain where the girls are supposed to change. He's been getting better though, since Aaron started reminding him when it's time for their next number. (Never a dull moment)!

After the weekend we are free to resume the normal schedule. In between all of our rehearsals we enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving in New York, Allie's five year 'Gotchya' anniversary, and Christina's 4th birthday. Then the Christmas chaos begins and this train does not seem to be slowing down.

No comments: