This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, November 09, 2010

About Sheepy

For Easter from their grandparents this year, the kids received pillow pets, which have become a favorite in this household. Christina has especially grown fond her sheep pillow, whom she affectionately named 'Sheepy'.

Recently, John and I began to notice that Sheepy began taking the blame for many things. He sort of became Christina's alter ego, if you will, and dared to do things that Christina herself would never do. For example, little messes left on the floor? "Sheepy did it." Hitting her sister or brothers? "It wasn't me, it was Sheepy." And my personal favorite- when Christina came to me one day with her huge blue eyes and whispered to me, "Mom, Sheepy said 'Butt'." I gasped in horror at the audacity of Sheepy. I regretted my next question,

"What else did Sheepy say?"

Apparently, Sheepy also said things like 'stupid' and 'idiot'. I stopped her before she could go on.

"What are you going to do about Sheepy's naughty behavior?", I asked her.

Without hesitation she picked up Sheepy and took him for a trip to the time-out corner. There he stayed until bedtime. (Poor Sheepy, I think he was forgotten for awhile). I've complete confidence, however, that Sheepy learned his lesson well.

No comments: