This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Friday, August 20, 2010

The Tantrum

I could write volumes on temper tantrums in kids and how to deal with them. This family has had plenty of experience with them in all the kids (some more than others), and if I had a nickle for each tantrum I had to deal with in these last 7 years, I'd be a rich woman. As far as tantrums go, they all vary in severity and length, but this one that occurred a little while ago (conducted by our very own resident three year old) took the cake. I actually got mooned. It was the first time I'd ever been mooned by a child. Christina pitched a fit because she didn't want the neighbor kid to ride her new bike. In the process of screaming and stomping her feet, she actually pulled down her pants and mooned me and the neighbor girl's mother. It was a perfect opportunity for me to go up and smack her bare backside, but I was laughing so hard I couldn't move! The neighbor was in stitches and before we could recover from the first mooning incident, she did it again (as if to say 'take that, Mama')!

Yes, thank you Christina for giving me one for the books. Most tantrums leave me feeling stressed out. This time though, I walked away laughing with a treasured memory!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

You and I have so many things in common....including this, only my kid did it inside our house. And she was probably about Christina's age when it happened. I'll give you one guess as to whom I'm speaking of. :)

Laura said...

John?