This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Sunday, July 11, 2010

Little Helper

A few weeks ago I spent some time with my mom teaching her how to use Facebook. Joe seemed to take interest and I found him a few times peeking over our shoulders. I made it very clear to him that he was way too young to have a Facebook account and to not get any ideas. After going over the basics with my mom, I left her to practice. I told her to navigate to one of her 'friends' to view that friend's home page. Mom hummed and hawed for awhile. She was about to give up when Joe piped in and said, "Here, you just go like this Grandma." He carefully took the mouse and clicked his way to the location I had asked her to go. Mom was both grateful to have been shown the steps and frustrated that her 7 year old grandson picked up the Facebook trade after 5 minutes of spying. (Of course she gave me permission to post this story). What can you do? Kids of this generation will be computer experts by age 10. Maybe I should start teaching him how to pay the bills.

No comments: