This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Thursday, March 11, 2010

My future actress

The Wizard of Oz made quite an impression on the girls. I still find them acting out parts of the play and saying lines of the different characters. They saw the play twice and attended a few rehearsals, so they managed to pick up quite a bit. The other day Christina was laying down on the steps with her arm draped dramatically over her head. She kept repeating, "There’s no place to go. There’s no place to go. There’s no place to go.”

“Honey? What are you doing?”, I asked her.

“I’m Dorothy,” she replied.

“No Honey. It’s, ‘There’s no place like home.’"

“Oh.”

No comments: