We recently had our one car garage converted to a living room. It is very nice having some extra space, though all we have in the room so far is our computer and a Christmas tree. The best part though is I finally got my mud room. Every year it was torture having four kids come in the door and dump their wet snow boots, pants, jackets, hats and gloves into the middle of my kitchen floor. Countless times I stepped with my slippers into the cold, melted snow, and all the dirt that came with it. This year, the mess is left behind a closed off room, and the kitchen (and my slippers) are left unscathed.
The down side to having a nice new room though, is of course, I no longer have a garage in which to park the car. Now my mornings involve scraping ice and snow off the windshield. But if you could see the explosion of wet winter wear all over our mud room now, you'd think it was worth it too.
3 comments:
The new rooms look great!
I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!! Scraping my car is so much better than having to mop the kitchen floor. I have an enclosed porch that is my mud room. I'm certain the neighbors love walking past my place with all the shoes and snow gear I leave out!
Now it makes sense where the tree is in the pics up above...can you tell I'm a bit slow :) Looks good....now tell John to get you an automatic car starter! Doesn't dig off the snow but at least if it is frosty you just leave the defroster on high the night before and turn the car on about 15-20 min before u leave and poof no scraping!!
Post a Comment