This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Exhausted

How to sum up the last couple of weeks? In a word- exhausting. While starting my seasonal teaching position at Tabor, John and I were unfortunate enough to get the flu. The kids made it through the week just fine, but John and I were rather useless.

After falling behind the first week, I spent the second week trying to catch up on lesson planning and getting the kids settled into the summer routine. I'm still flying by the seat of my pants. To make it worse, the weather this spring and summer has been more than disappointing. It just won't stop raining here. A nice day here and there, followed by another week of rain just doesn't cut it.

Onward to week three and pictures to post...eventually.

1 comment:

Vent said...

What's up with the weather? I want sunshine too! Last week it was in the upper 60s.