This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Friday, May 08, 2009

Spring Training





Well, after being officially awarded the title of "Soccer Mom" a year and a half ago, I can now say I am a "Baseball Mom". And I don't even have a mini van. (Not that I'm proud of that). I know that I've stepped into a whole new world now and I'm in for quite an awakening. (I read other moms' blogs and I've been sufficiently warned). But for someone who loves being outside and enjoys warmer spring days, I have no complaints. Yet. I have to say though, a field full of kindergartners with dirt-smeared faces and too-big caps over eyes, trying their hardest to hit a ball off a T with very little coordination, is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

1 comment:

Stephie said...

no mini van but you do own 2 yes TWO suv's!!! muuuhahahaha