This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update

Yesterday I hosted a "Tinkerbell" party with 10 little girls for Allie's 4th birthday. And I survived to tell about it. Unfortunately, I have no pictures to share right now because I was too busy spinning around in circles. The smartest thing I did was allow someone else take pictures that she will e-mail to me later. The house was crazy, but the girls had fun. Did I mention I survived?

Later that day my husband informed me that he was going out to buy a new car. He returned with a cute little black Rav-4. We had a goodbye ceremony (OK, not really) for the Nissan, which had not been doing well these past months. It was time.

We closed the evening with dinner with John's brothers and sister-in-law. A nice ending to a rather unusual day.

3 comments:

Brenna said...

How do you get a family of 6 in a "cute little Rav-4"?

Laura said...

They have a third row seat in them now!

Stephie said...

I loved my Rav! Mine was the 1st year they were out in 96...until Grimace got smashed!

My question though isn't how do you get a family of 6 in it...how do you get John in it :)