I started (yet another) new job this week. I've taken a temp position in a genetics lab, working with marine shrimp. I feel like the odd job diva, as this is my 10th job since living in Massachusetts. Such is the life of a mom with small children. I like working, even if just part time because it breaks up the week nicely. It helps to have a rest from the every day domestic stuff. By the end of my work day I am happy to see the kids again, instead of being in a hurry to rush them off to bed, like I am on all the other days. And I suppose it doesn't hurt to beef up my resume a little every now and then too.
The effort in getting ready for work in the morning though, is tiresome. Instead of getting just myself ready to go, I have to get five people ready. There are bags to pack, lunches to make, hair to comb, bellies to fill, and lost shoes and mittens to find. While going through it I always ask myself, 'Is this really worth it?' But once everyone is dropped off where they are supposed to go, and I find myself cruising down the highway, sipping my coffee, listening to the radio, and enjoying the different scenery, I say to myself, 'Ah, yes it is!'
1 comment:
omg are you doing all that in the morning????? do it at night!! even I've learned that in the 4 short mommy months argh!!!
Post a Comment