This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Sunday, February 22, 2009

Facebook Warning

Over these past couple of weeks my husband and I have been fighting over the internet for "Facebook time". As new Facebook users, we have reconnected with old high school and college friends that we haven't talked to in 10-20 years. It's so fun to see all those familiar faces, now with jobs, spouses and kids! I even found a couple "kids" I went to elementary school with (through you Stephanie, of course- how else?)

We've been having a ball doing FB, but the down side is we've been so distracted we can barely get anything done on some days. (Like today for example, while I take full advantage of "Lazy Sunday" and sit here at the computer leisurely, as my husband makes everybody some lunch). Eventually, I'm sure Facebook fever will die down around here. But meanwhile, our kids have become keen to this new sense of distraction- they know it's a great time to get away with extra cartoons and sweets. And conversations around here may start sounding something like this:

Six-year old: "Hey Mom, can I have the car keys?"
Me: "Yes honey, whatever you'd like."

2 comments:

Stephie said...

I'm tellin ya, it's like crack!!!
Oh you should put your maiden name in you name too...it helps us retarded people who can't figure out who the heck you married chicks are that we went to school with haha...there are times when I'm like "and you were who???" haha

Kathyb1960 said...

Oh I know! I got "sucked" into the FaceBook drain today, and found a ton of friends!!! I almost couldn't get off of it. Of course, my sister has been on it longer, and she didn't help matters any...kept sending me pictures! LOL

But, I had to get off b/c I had blogs to read! LOL

Now I have to get off the computer so I can go sort dirty clothes to wash!!!