This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wrapping it up

This week I am in the final throes of grading and wrapping up my work for the semester. I was so moved, nearly to tears, when I read some of the students' answers on their final exams and realized that I have made such a profound educational impact on them.

For example, test question: Name two reasons why cells undergo mitosis.
A student answers: "So the cells won't be lonely."

Yeah. I think the only award this kid is ever gonna get in science is the Darwin Award.

1 comment:

Stephie said...

Like that email of a math professor's "best" answers. One problem had a triangle, 2 sides had lengths in numbers, 1 side had length in x. Question was "Find X". Kid circled it, added arrows and wrote "right here!"

Maybe you should keep track of these things throughout the year and start your own chain email some day :)