This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blogging Blues

This week the blog is going to have to take a seat in the last row. It has been 70 degrees for the last 4 days in a row. We've planted flowers, ridden bikes, watched birds, decorated the driveway in sidewalk chalk, played with the neighbor kids, and basked in the glorious sunshine.

Spring is here and being outside with the kids has taken priority over just about everything else this week. The dirt on the floor can wait and dinners can be delayed. The dishes can sit a little longer and bathrooms can remain a mess. And I don't feel a lick of guilt over it. I've been waiting 6 months for this.

I'm going outside to play now.

2 comments:

Stephie said...

my snow finally melted this weekend!!! woohoooooo

Vent said...

I hear ya' girl!! Who would of thought two sunshine girls would end up in never ending winter regions?