This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, December 11, 2007

He Sees, She Sees


Allie has enjoyed dressing herself independently, lately. Part of her self expression in dressing has included choosing very interesting combinations of tops and bottoms. The other day, while getting dressed for church, she chose a bright orange T-shirt with a red and black plaid skirt and reindeer Christmas socks.

"She can't go out like that", I said to John. My husband studied her for a few seconds and then agreed. "You're right", he said. "She is showing a bit too much skin, isn't she?"

"What? No! Look at what she's wearing!", I exclaimed.

"Oh. You mean it doesn't look good?"

Lord, help us.

3 comments:

MG Display Gardens said...

I think she looks fine...It reminds me of what I wear to church.

MG Display Gardens said...

Sorry!! MG display gardens is me! Love, Julia

Stephie said...

Well remember this day because soon she will be screaming "MOOOOOOMMMMM I have nothing to wear!!!!"