
Two years ago John and I flew to China to meet our first daughter. In those two years, Alexandra has stolen our hearts and has begun to develop into a little lady. Each day we are thankful to God that she became our child. That she will forever be our child.
The other day I met a woman in Kohl's with two children from China. Her daughter was a little older than Allie and they had just returned home with a little boy, only six months ago. Her son was born with a cleft lip and palate. He had just received surgery from the Children's Hospital of Boston and had made an amazing recovery. Both children were beautiful. It was fun meeting a new family who had undergone some of the same experiences we did, during our trip to China.
I couldn't let this month come to an end without mentioning National Adoption Month. Each November, National Adoption Month is recognized, and we recognize the joy of our own adoption experience, when Allie joined our family. We hope and pray for the same experience for many good families and the millions of children who desperately wait to be loved. Click here to learn more about adoption and National Adoption Awareness Month.
Happy 'Gotcha Day', Alexandra Rose. We are so glad we got you!
Love,
Mom and Dad
2 comments:
Laura, I'm not entirely sure how or why Julia thinks this way, but if someone asks her whether or not she thinks will be a mother one day she always replies with, "Yes, but I'm going to go to China and get my babies. I'm NOT going to have them grow in my belly!"
Congratulations...Hope you had a great day. I can't believe how big AND cute the girls have gotten. Sorry we weren't able to meet up with you.
Post a Comment