This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'd Be Rich...

... if I had a nickel every time this happened:

1) A random stranger, after counting the number of children I have with me, makes the comment, "You've got your hands full." (It's amazing how many of these people feel the need to enlighten me with their wisdom by making this comment).

2) Aaron says, "Mom, Joe touched my ear again!"

3) An unsuspected toy serenades me after stepping on it, while groping to find my way to my bed in the dark.

4) Parent One says, "Where's ___________ (child's name, i.e. Aaron)?"
Parent Two says, Oops! Oh yeah! "Aaron, you can come out of time-out now!"

5) Joe's pants fall down.

6) Joe bonks his head.

7) I find an old sippy-cup full of green curdled milk under the couch.

No comments: