This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Saturday, June 02, 2007

Busy Days Ahead

Well my very busy days have just gotten busier. I somehow managed to land myself a summer teaching position in Marine Science at the Tabor Academy on Cape Cod. This will be my first time teaching a class of high school students. The school recently built an incredible hurricane-proof teaching facility for the marine science classes on Sippican Harbor. This building is fully loaded- classrooms with panoramic views of the bay (How are those kids going to pay attention? Let's get real, how am I going to pay attention?), a wet lab stocked with experimental tanks, and flow through sea water directly from the harbor. Gee do you think these kids are spoiled?

Well, for 6 weeks, I guess I will be spoiled. Preparing for the classes is taking up whatever pockets of free time I can spare, not to mention my sleep quotas have been moved down a notch. But it's worth it. Though the tide has been out as far as my career life is concerned, I have no regrets. I know that I am fortunate to have the choice of being home to take care of our children. And I take satisfaction in knowing that what I am doing is best for them.

So this little "taste of the sea" coming my way this summer is a bonus. I'm happy to embrace an opportunity to fulfill a part of my life that's been on hold, even if for a short while.

2 comments:

Stephie said...

let me know if u see any turtles!

JASON said...

These are HIGH SCHOOL kids?!?! Heck I thought campus security cameras and smoke detectors in the bathrooms at Annie's old school was hoytie toytie. THIS is just down right cool!