This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Educational Reading

Just for the record... Yes, I survived the grocery store trip. The baby hung out on my chest in the baby carrier. Allie sat in the seat and the boys hung off each side of the cart. It worked. They were all excellent. It went amazingly well, and if I need to do it again, I will avoid it at all costs. But the good news is we were able to eat dinner that night.

On another note, I couldn't resist sharing this one. The other day I found Aaron sitting quietly on the couch looking at a book. While peering over his shoulder, I discovered that he was looking at a naked-breasted woman. He got a hold of my Nursing Mother's Companion book and was leafing through the pages. He's 4, I thought, it's completely innocent. "That's Mommy's book about feeding babies", I said. "Oh", was all I got. Hmmmm... what's going through that kid's head?

On a separate incident, I found Joe doing the same thing. It's just a coincidence, I thought, that both boys would take an interest in this. They're only 4, of course, and it's completely innocent. Joe, made no hesitation in expressing his thoughts: "Hey Mom, is this a book about breasts?"
"Um, yeah", was all I said.

The book is now on the highest shelf we have in the basement.

2 comments:

JASON said...

Well... First of all, if you notice it missing it wasn't me... Second if you notice it missing check the tailpipe on your clunker.


Love, Brother

Stephie said...

hahahah they are only 4!!! Can you guess what is coming next??