


Last week each of the kids seemed to accomplish something of his own in one day. When I got up in the morning, both boys were already dressed, and Aaron had snapped and zipped his pants. Later, Aaron put together a 25 piece jigsaw puzzle without help. Joe built "Boston" with his wooden blocks (for which he was awarded this compliment from Aaron, when he first saw it: "gasp- Joe, you're the best brother!" Alexandra was able to demonstrate the "coat flip" method and managed to put her coat on by herself. The baby slept for seven hours straight and was full of smiles (see below). I gotta hand it to this kid- She has a diaper rash, a cold, and an eye infection and she's still smiling!
For each of their accomplishments, I am always proud. I admit, days go by when I wonder, when are they gonna grow up? Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by their neediness, that I can actually feel my hair turning gray. But on that day of accomplishments, I realized, they really are growing up! Right before my eyes. And I'm fortunate to be here to witness it. It will give me something to look back on when they are teenagers and sneaking out of the house, attempting to steal our beer, and clearing out our fridge. These days are hard...these days are gifts.
1 comment:
oh I guess this was where I should have put the plow the drive way comment :)
Post a Comment