This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Saturday, January 20, 2007

Crazy Mama

The other day, John and the boys returned home from a trip to the grocery store. John came in and presented me with a six-pack of Hershies chocolate bars. I was thrilled; the man made my day. Just as I was marveling about how I had the best husband in the world, Joe came in and began scoping out my chocolate.

"I'm just looking at it", he said.
"Yeah, just looking is right. That's Mommy's", I replied.
"Oh, I know", returned Joe. "That chocolate is so you don't go crazy."
"Where'd you hear that?", I asked.
"Daddy said at the store that you need chocolate to keep you from going crazy."

John just grinned sheepishly when I questioned him about it later. "Well...", he began. There was no point in further explanation. I knew he was right. I'm one of those women who depends on chocolate, in order to prevent senility and hysteria. Might as well admit it. It's something a man is able to figure out quickly. And I suppose it's now a lesson taught to the young, as Joe demonstrated with his comment. Well, I can look on the bright side. Joe probably won't end up with a crazy wife!

No comments: