This blog began with our journey to China when we received our adopted daughter and third child, Alexandra. The lady bug is the common symbol, or mascott for adopted Chinese daughters. The blog has since evolved into a journal of our trials, triumphs, joys and complete loss of sanity (that is often restored by copious amounts of chocolate or beer- taken only on an as needed basis, of course), as we embrace daily life with four beautiful little children.



Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A visit to Maine




Thank God for Grandparents. This weekend John and I had a chance to leave the kids behind and enjoy the Maine Coast by ourselves. We drove to Boothbay Harbor and then took the ferry boat to Monhegan island. What a beautiful place! We enjoyed hiking through the woods and along the coast. The silence and the fresh air were rejuvenating. The scenery was fantastic and I thought I'd share a bit...

...Ok, so maybe living in New England isn't so bad. Just don't ask me what I think of it in the wintertime!

No comments: